Department of Education
The LR institute of Education has been established to impart quality education in the field of B. Ed. Course after graduation. The institute is governed by the statutes/Ordinances applicable to the B. Ed. Course of the Himachal Pradesh University Shimla. The institute is the creation of the LLR Educational Trust (Regd.) The institute is dedicated to provide service to the people of Himachal Pradesh as well as other parts of the country. The campus of the institute is presently located in village Jabli-Kyar (Sultanpur Road) P.O. Oachghat which is at the distance of 8 Kms from the main Solan city, via Rajgarh Road. The institute has also a job placement cell so as to help deserving students in seeking jobs in the public/private sector.
The courses of the B. Ed. Programme have been designed and approved by the Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla with a view to enable the students to achieve professional education skills namely, analytical ability, research skills, writing skills and skills of teaching. The method of teaching involves lectures, discussions, case studies, project work and its presentation. Special emphasis is given on micro teaching so as to enable the students to go in schools for real teaching practice.
Vision & Mission
To prepare and develop competent, innovative and farsighted teachers who can meet the requirements of global competitive world and contribute to academic excellence.
To provide value-based curriculum and dynamic academic environment for strengthening faith in humanistic, social and moral values as well as in Indian cultural heritage and democracy.
To create facilities for imparting quality education and grow into a centre of excellence in the field of teacher education.
To imbibe in our prospective teachers with Dedication, Diligence, sense of Discrimination and Dignity of teaching profession.
- Application Form
- Extra Cocurricular Activities
- Anti Ragging Committee
- Women Harassment Prevention Cell
- SC/ST Committee
- Sanctioned Program +Annual Intake
- Affidavit-Section 8(5)of NCTE
- Infrastructre/Building plan
- Fee Structure 2019-20
- Student Detail 2018-20
- Student Detail 2019-21
- Financial Details
- Academic Calender 2019-21
- Trust Deed
- Encumbrance Certificate
- Infrastructure details
- Khasra Plan of Land
- No Objection Certificate
- Land Use
Message from Principal
Dr. Surinder Kumar
It is great honour for me to serve the prestigious Institution which serve the masses excellently achieve the objectives. The main objective to start this B.Ed Course was to produce quality teachers full of skills and human values. The objective of the same has been our concern. Now it is our duty to keep those standard alive and uncherished goals to be fulfilled. Our aim is to provide value oriented professional education to all children of Himachal Pradesh without any discrimination.
I am extremely happy to say that our Institute have a team of highly motivated and committed teachers. It was only through their willing co-operation that we have been able to achieve significantly in teaching and co-curricular activities.
It is with this in view, that LR Institute of Education, affiliated College of H.P.University,Shimla offers two years full time B.Ed. Course. Over the years we have learnt the value of selfless service, loyalty and dedication and we wish to imbibe these very qualities in every student that joins our Institute.
Department of Education
- Our Graduates would be skilful to fulfil Current Technological demands and would be successful in Professional careers.
Programme OutcomesGraduates will have the ability
- To understand, interpret the problem, design and perform the practical to meet the desired solution of the problem.
- To design a component, a system or process to meet the specific needs within the realistic constraints such as economics, environment, ethics, health, safety and manufacturability.
- To perform investigations, design as well as conduct experiments, analyse and interpret the results to provide valid conclusions.
- To function effectively either as a member or a leader in a multidisciplinary activities.
- To communicate effectively to both the peers and the others and give as well receive clear instructions and understand professional and ethical responsibility.
- The student is permitted to join the training only if it is approved by the department.
- During the course of the training, faculty visits the industry to monitor the performance and conduct of the students working as trainees.
- Students submit a report on the conduct of training and also give a seminar/presentation in the class.
- Training awards are based on performance in training, feedback report of the faculty, training manager, training report, mid semester report, daily diary, viva voce conducted by external examiner besides the value addition in students to increase their professional competence.
- All the final year students are required to undergo a major project in their final academic semester.
- Both the project works are held under the supervision of senior faculty members.
- The project may be sponsored or facilitated by the industry.
Library is the most important section of every educational institute. Our Institutional Library is well equipped with the large and good collection of books. Institutional Library is having books related to all the courses offered by our institute. Apart from the books, our library has magazine, journals and other current study materials like Video Cassettes, CD-ROMs are also available for the readers or users. The Library plays a crucial role in teaching and learning activities and provides the main source of individual reading and study. Relationship with the library and the Institution is a continuing affair of the students.
25 (Twenty five) Pentium Dual Core Multimedia PCs.
Internet facilities: Broadband connection from BSNL.
It is true that routinization is inimical to academics; therefore, importance to co-curricular activities cannot be over emphasized. We organized few activities:
- Extension lecture for the benefit of students and teachers.
- Quiz, Debate and Declamations.
- International Biodiversity day celebration by painting competition.
- Picnic and Educational Tour.
- Cultural Programmes, Sports meet and celebration of days.
The department supports and coordinates with the Centralized Training & Placement Cell of LR group for all placement related activities viz. interview preparation, inviting the companies for the placement drives and conduct of the same.
For all the aforesaid purposes, students are actively involved. The students have been identified as student coordinators who are working together in order to meet these objectives. Besides, these activities also inculcates managerial & leadership qualities in the students. The student coordinators are well guided and supported by two faculty members of the department who have been identified as industrial coordinators.